Wednesday, June 13, 2012

How To: Take a Business Trip

I'm finding out this week! I'm in Austin all week for business and unfortunately haven't had much downtime to write a blog. So here are my tips:

  1. Even if your company isn't paying for you to stay in a hotel the night before you have to be in a city thats 3.5 hours away, you should probably drive down the night before and just suck up the cost itself. Waking up at 3:30 in the morning so that you can be at an 8:30 meeting is a wee bit brutal. Especially at about 1:00 in the afternoon when you enter a lunch coma. 
  2. Get over eating alone quickly. Yep, its just me.
  3. Take workout clothes/bathing suit. My hotel has an awesome pool. Haven't gotten there yet. Maybe tomorrow.
  4. Bring a book or some form of entertainment for when you end up at dinner by yourself or sitting alone in your hotel room.
  5. Make friends with your business contacts. Find out if there are other people in from out of town also and suggest dinner with them. Networking + not eating alone for one meal = WIN.
  6. Write blogs about sitting alone at dinner while alone at dinner.
  7. Miss the crap out of your dog/boyfriend/bed/friends/house/real life. Probably in that order. Sorry to the BF. At least you were ahead of my bed!
'Til next week!

OH HEY! Did you notice Mishaps passed 9,000 views? I'm so dang proud of myself. I couldn't have done it without you! I mean, I guess I could have if I refreshed my page 9,000 times. But that's outrageous. I'm guessing I've only refreshed it about 1,500 times.

No comments:

Post a Comment