Wednesday, June 6, 2012

How To: Be The Best Aunt Ever

I didn't sleep all last night waiting to hear anything about more progress from any of my family members camped out in Denver waiting for a new Miller's arrival. I finally got up, got in the shower, ate breakfast, and switched on my iPod while getting ready to dry my hair and get ready for the day. As i was scrolling through my playlist options, I laughed a little to myself and chose my Best of the 80's playlist. For those of you who don't know this, my brother is OBSESSED with Journey. Like, big time. Its "illegal" in his car, or any car that he happens to be sitting in, to change the radio from a Journey song to a different station. He belts out Don't Stop Believing so off tune you want to Stop Believing, and yet doesn't even care. And this is why I love him so much.

As soon as my iPod shuffled through the Best of the 80's and hit a Journey song, I knew that any child of Eric's would have to answer the call and come out singing. At 6:13 this morning I became an aunt! Reagan Charlotte Miller was born this morning to my brother Eric and his wife Diana. I may be slightly biased but she is the CUTEST DANG BABY I've ever seen. Complete with joint wrinkles - the best part about chubby babies! Who doesn't love a dent in the chub where joints are supposed to be?! I just want to squeeze her!


So how do you go about becoming the best aunt/uncle ever? 
  1. You tell everyone you know that you have the cutest new niece ever.
  2. You book a plane ticket to wherever she is and GO as soon as possible.
  3. You charge your camera so that you can take poop-tons of pictures of her cute little self.
  4. You are borderline rude to your mom in demanding more pictures. She'll understand.
  5. You get so excited you can barely stand it and tip-toe on the line of annoying to coworkers.
  6. You write a blog dedicated to how excited you are to be her aunt. 
  7. That pretty much sums it up.
I LOVE YOU ALREADY REAGAN! 

XOXO - The Best Aunt Ever

No comments:

Post a Comment