Wednesday, September 28, 2011

How To: Turn 25

I went home Wednesday evening still riding a high from the number of wonderful readers who tuned into my newest blog entry. Before I go any further, thank you all for reading! I am loving all of the positive feedback I'm getting. When you quote me back to me it makes my day. (Haven't read it yet? Click Here)

My excitement level helped me decide that this needed to be a celebration evening, not just a typical evening in my apartment. I went home, opened my fridge and pulled out a selection of top-notch meats and cheeses. By this I mean the deli's finest prepackaged honey ham and a mozzarella string cheese, to be washed down with a nice glass of Cran-Raspberry. What can I say, I'm classy. My Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous days are apparently not here yet. What a buzz-kill.

I thought about writing a post for last Friday, but didn't really have enough time to promise quality writing, so I thought I'd postpone in order to give you something better. I pondered over what to write about all weekend and decided that there is something unavoidable for today's post. No reader votes necessary.

I have a birthday this week. Actually, its tomorrow. I'm turning 25! Check back tomorrow, three of my hilarious life-long besties are working on some guest posts about Yours Truly.

The big 2-5. To all of my older readers, please hold all of your comments about how young I am while I start to hyperventilate and put my head between my knees. I give you one free eye roll on me. Yes, I know. I'm still a baby. I will be closer to 30 than 20, as my so-called "best friend" Colby pointed out to me. Half-way to 50. A quarter of a century. I can remember things clearly from two decades ago. This is getting scary.

Shouldn't I have figured some stuff out by now? I mean, I've had 25 years. 25 just sounds like a full-blown adult to us Almost Adults. Rather than dwell on all of the things I haven't gotten to yet in life or any advice for getting older, today's list is different.

I am one heck of a lucky girl because:
  1. I have spent 25 years with my awesome family. My mom's and my relationship has provided me with plenty of ammo for writing material, my brother is my ultimate "funny or not funny" critic, and my dad laughs no matter what. I even have a pretty awesome sister-in-law.
  2. I have three extraordinary best friends that have known me for a combined 29 years. You'll all get to meet Brad, Colby and Catherine tomorrow right here on Mishaps where I'm letting them all tell stories about me. They're good.
  3. I have the world's best sidekick in my dog, Brodie. He wakes me up every morning just DYING to say hi to me. It's cute.
  4. I went to a great college that allows me to obnoxiously deck myself out in purple. I love getting to see my wonderful friends at tailgates on home game weekends.
  5. I'm only 25. I've got a whole lot of living left to do.
  6. I have a good job, but more importantly I'm doing what I love... writing, telling stories, and making you laugh.
  7. I have you! My fabulous readers! Keep tuning in. Today's post wasn't as laugh out loud funny, I know, but tomorrow's is. I grant you one heck of a laugh at my expense tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment