Friday, September 2, 2011

How To: Start a Blog

Ok everybody, I've decided i'm going to start writing a blog. I was trying to come up with a way to not make this a "Dear Diary" type thing, and I want it to be funny and relatable. But most importantly, I need it to be easy for me to maintain, so any kind of new hobby type idea is completely out. Lets face it, I can't commit to cooking something that's so impressive that you just HAVE to mimic me and try it more than about once every two weeks... and that's even pushing it. So what can I possibly write about that I'm a pro at (I'm using the term loosely), requires little effort and is entertaining as well? How about trying to figure out how to go from college student to post-grad 20-something?

My idea for this blog is to come up with things that my friend Mark referred to as "Post-Grad WTF moments"; the lessons we must have either slept through, skipped in college, or were supposed to have been born knowing. I'm suddenly finding myself almost half-way through my 20s, trying to juggle a job, friendships, relationships, and everything else that seems to be repeatedly thrown at me. Turns out, this is a scary, exciting, frustrating, hopeful, hectic and completely overwhelming couple of years. I miss college. And being able to skip classes when I just felt like sleeping in. (Maybe that's why I've found myself lacking.)

I've taken a crack at budgeting, gone on more than a few "interesting" dates, had some grocery store trips that seem to break the bank, dealt with friendship drama, been on endless job hunts, and made so many other (sometimes failed) attempts at being self sufficient.   But here's the best part. You too are probably busy making a fool of yourself trying to be an almost adult, so feel free to send me topics/ideas/questions you have for me to write about.

DISCLAIMER: I am by no means an expert on any topic I choose to write about from here on out, but maybe the things that I've gone through or are going through currently relate to you and can help you in some way. At the very least, you can laugh at/with me, remembering that one time that maybe you too felt like a complete moron, as I go through the many Mishaps of an Almost Adult.

No comments:

Post a Comment