Thursday, July 5, 2012

How To: Get Through a Monday-Thursday

I LOVE Independence Day; it was a huge deal in my family growing up. Eric and I were in a parade in my grandparents neighborhood every year and we looked forward to decorating our bikes with crepe paper, ribbons and flags all year. We'd wear an obnoxious amount of red, white, and blue and listened to a guy dressed as Abraham Lincoln on the front steps of a penny candy store. It's one of my favorite holidays. Look at how excited I was. And my mom's triangle 'do. I am really thinking that this style should come back... No? I guess not.

You know what's not my favorite? Coming back to work after a day off right smack in the middle of the week. In an effort to make myself and some co-workers and friends laugh our way through this awkward Monday-Thursday, I made up a new list of moods, originally stemmed from creating a combo-shot of how I feel today. Then the idea kind of took off and we all started laughing. Here's what I've come up with:

  • Hungry + Angry = Hangry
    • "I know we haven't eaten yet, but there's no need to be so hangry."
  • Sleepy + Grumpy = Slumpy
    • "Its two hours past when she normally goes to sleep; I apologize for her slumpiness."
  • Hot + Moody = Hoody
    • "It's 102 outside. Don't touch me. I'm super hoody."
  • Sick + Needy = Sneedy
    • "Mom? Can you come over? I think i'm getting sneedy."
  • Bored + Lazy = Blazy
    • "My work ethic is zero today; i'm being super blazy."
  • Sad + Mopey = Sopey
    • "Don't be such a downer, i'm tired of your sopey attitude."
  • Stressed + Psycho = Strycho
    • "You probably want to steer clear of her today: she's acting a little strycho."
May I introduce you to Hangry, Slumpy, Hoody, Sneedy, Blazy, Sopey and Strycho; the newest, grouchiest bunch of Seven Dwarves. 

Its time to go back to my slumpy mood. Although thats slightly more difficult with the amount that I just made myself laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment