Wednesday, March 14, 2012

How To: Adult Spring Break

I have been extremely busy this week and was debating putting off posting, until this morning while I was sitting here eating my Gluten Free Chex cereal (its amazing) thinking about how much I don't want to go to work right now when it hit me.

I miss Spring Break. Or just any break in general. Why don't we adults ever get that? Boo adult life. Here is my short but brief advice on how to celebrate an Adult Spring Break.

  1. Pout. Be jealous of your friends that chose to go to Grad School.
  2. Go to work. Doesn't that just seem unfair?
  3. Contemplate becoming a teacher. They have breaks still.
  4. Decide thats probably not the best reason to become a teacher. Maybe you should just keep your job.
  5. Use a day or two of PTO. Everybody loves Paid Time Off.
  6. Do something fun for yourself even if its out of the norm of your typical week. And most definitely put an umbrella in any drink you happen to have, even if its just a Diet Coke.
  7. Brace yourself. Its International Drinking Day on Saturday. You can be completely normal when you act like you're still in college.
Happy Spring Break to all of my undergrad and grad student readers. 


I secretly hate you all a little right now. 

Just kidding. 
Kind of.

No comments:

Post a Comment