Thursday, August 2, 2012

So Long, Farewell

Today is a sad day for me. I think I've known this was coming, but have been in denial for weeks now. Today will be my last weekly Mishaps post. As I laid in bed last night thinking about how I could word this horrible, hopefully not permanent, goodbye, I thought of all of the wonderful things that have happened to me since I started writing this last September. 

You've gotten to experience so many things with me, from burning my eyebrows off last Thanksgiving to buying a house, from being a happy single to falling in luuuurve, from quitting a crap job to getting a new one, from being broke to budgeting, the list goes on.

I can't tell you how happy its made me every Wednesday to hear the comments I get about my newest posts and how much it means to me to know that somehow over 11,000 people have read my words. It just blows my mind. 

Hopefully the stress that I'm under will ease up eventually and leave me some spare time to start Mishaps up again. Hopefully I'll find time every once in a while to post and update. In the meantime, I'll be off living my life and having as many Mishaps as I've ever had - just think of all of the writing ammo I'll be giving myself to write about when I can start writing again.

-Aimee


There's a sad sort of clanging from the clock in the hall
And the bells in the steeple too
And up in the nursery an absurd little bird
Is popping out to say, "Cuckoo"
Regretfully they tell us but firmly they compel us
To say goodbye to you

No comments:

Post a Comment